River City Family Connections (RCFC) is designed for children and their separated or divorced parents where there has been domestic abuse, child abuse, or conflict involved with visitation. RCFC is available to parents and their children as a resource for families seeking a wide range of services in the process of custody and litigation. RCFC can also be used to establish or re-establish relationships with family members. Our location serves as a comfortable, neutral location for the transfer of children and for on-site supervised visitation. We are committed to preserving family relationships with a secure, child-oriented setting.The safety and comfort of the children is the goal of our services. We work continuously to promote the growth of happy healthy relationships between family members.
Why is there a Family Visitation Center?
Children are often caught in the middle of parental issues, but parental issues should not become the children's issues. Children should have happy and healthy childhoods free from fear, trauma, violence, and neglect. Family Connections allows children to be children.
Who uses RCFC?
- Families where visitation times are sources of conflict, which is witnessed by the children.
- Families where a parent has a history of picking up/dropping off children while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Parents who have protection orders or restraining orders.
- Parents who have a concern about the other parent leaving the area with the children.
- Family members seeking support or assistance in establishing or re-establishing relationships.
- Family members that have a repeated pattern of inconsistency or irresponsibility in exercising or allowing visitation.
- Families whose children are in foster care due to abuse or neglect.
- Out-of-town/state parents who are needing a comfortable, home-like environment for visitation.
- Parents with other special circumstances.
"I have used RCFC for several years. Exchanges between his father and I used to be something that was very stressful and upsetting for my son. Having the court order us to use RCFC has been the biggest blessing. RCFC has created a safe environment that our family has grown to rely upon for our exchanges. They have taken what was a very stressful situation and have put us at ease. The staff is wonderful, compassionate, and have always made exchanges enjoyable." -Family using RCFC services
Proudly powered by Weebly